Destination Rock and Roll

All of the kids' hard work paid off...the show was huge success! Thank you to all of my parent volunteers...we could not have pulled it off without your help!

On Friday after the production was over, I had time to reflect on what an amazing learning experience the musical was for all of us. Students learned how to collaborate with their group to select songs, choreograph dances, and choose costumes. Students really had to use their listening skills to follow directions and cooperate with one another especially during our large rehearsals with 110 performers. Many children had to overcome stage fright and the fear of being judged by their peers. I was able to improve many of my own teaching skills...I had to organize, prioritize, and delegate many details of the show. These are life lessons that will not be forgotten! Thank you to Dawn Long our parent photographer who captured these beautiful smiles and memories.







Comments