K-1 I love Me!

Our Quote of the Day, Read Aloud, and Journal Prompt were all about loving yourself!



3 Things I love about myself...
I am good at soccer and I am fast - Nicholas
I love my strong bones - Gavin
I love my name - Blossom
I love my nice family - Lily
I am a good sports player - Harrrison
I am a good sister - Teagan
I love the way that I move - Emily
I am a great reader - Karan
I love my health - Moorea
I have beautiful blue eyes - Elle
I am a very fast runner - Daniel
I love my blonde hair - Sophia

Word of the Day - Temperature
Students work in pairs to use the dictionary to look up and define a word, use it in a sentence, and create an illustration of the word


What was the temperature today at recess?
Brendan read the thermometer and it showed 68 degrees F.

Science Experiment
We continued to experiment with melting ice. This week we observed how long it takes and ice cube to melt in a glass of room temperature water.
What did we learn?
An ice cube melts quicker in water than in a plastic ziplock bag. - Moorea
Room temperature melts ice faster than cold water. - Jordan

Comments

  1. I like the story that you read to us. :)

    -Elle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog! Students - do not forget to leave your first name only and choose anonymous to post your comment.