2nd Grade Proactive Planners

Gratitude Journal
Our prompt was What are 10 things that you are grateful for this morning?
Today we focused on using descriptive language...
"Seeing my energetic 2nd graders" - Mrs. Pedersen
"My comfy bed"-Andrew
"My warm pancakes"-Samuel
"My soft rug" - Grady
"My yummy breakfast" - Veer
"My red apple fritter" - Oliver
"My fantastic toast with jelly" - Eren
"My nice mom" - Sawyer
"My organized clean room" - Paige
"My cute little cousin" - Mariah
"My refreshing water bottle" - Arnav

Critical Thinking & Social Processes
We learned how to play Last Letter. This is a creative word game that uses unique illustrations to encourage quick thinking and countless interpretations. Students also learn how to work cooperatively and control their emotions even if the game does not go their way.


The students were very curious about this "ancient" music player! Yes, you guessed it...it is a phonograph aka record player.


7 Habits - Habit #2 Begin with the End in Mind
We read about how Goob Bear was able to make a plan and save up to buy things he wanted. Then students created their own plan to purchase an item they wanted.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog! Students - do not forget to leave your first name only and choose anonymous to post your comment.