1st Grade Flyers

Junior Achievement
Ms. Kim taught the students about the difference between needs and wants. They did 2 activities where they had to categorize items as needs or wants
"Needs are shelter, food, water, and clothes. " - Harrison


 


Ms. Kim encouraged the students to practice public speaking by sharing their need/wants postcards in front of the class. Students will be bringing these postcards home today. Do you have ways that your child can help out at home and earn money???
What did you learn about during silent reading?
"I learned about different things like skeleton bones in my Eye Spy book" - Lily
"I learned that the fastest shark that I have ever seen is the Mako Shark" - Jordan
"In the Magic Treehouse book I read about a golden medallion that Jack and Annie found" - Brayden
"I learned about a dying star and a red dwarf star in my space book" - Tobyn

We focused on using adjectives in our gratitude journals today. Thanks Grady for sharing the perfect definition of an adjective. "An adjective describes a noun and a noun is a person, place, or thing."
Here is Keenan's journal entry for today...Great use of adjectives!

Bats
During our research we compared bats and birds. They are very different animals!

Comments