2nd Grade Superstars

We enjoyed learning more about each other during show and tell. If you forgot to bring something to share today feel free to bring in an item next week.
Today we discovered the meaning of GRATITUDE! We will be keeping journals where the students will record what they are grateful for. This is an amazing writing exercise to help students focus on the positive parts of their lives. Here are some quotes from today's journal prompt.

10 Things I am grateful for...
My family – Oliver
My friends – Paige
My recorder – Arnav
My yummy lunch – Sawyer
My school – Grady
My classes – Samuel
My cat – Eren

 

 

 

 


 

Think Fun Time

"We were having a lot of fun building our marble race" - Veer

"I was able to create a circuit board that worked! The light bulb lit up!"

Today we read aloud The Quilt maker's Gift which is a wonderful fable about generosity. Then the students created their own paper quilt squares which we will "weave" together and hang in the classroom. Here are a few of the lessons the students took away from this story...

"Give and people will give back to you. Always be kind." – Sawyer

"If you make others happy it will make you happy" – Arnav

"Don’t be greedy" – Andrew

"Be kind" – Samuel

"Gifts may not always make you happy they may not be as important as other things" – Paige

"Being greedy is not important it is more important to be kind and nice" – Veer

"Don’t be greedy or it will set a bad example" - Oliver


Comments